Established in 1950, Cascina Chicco (the name comes from the nickname, “Chicu”, given to the family Faccenda) today is run by brothers Enrico and Marco Faccenda. The winery manages 50 estate-owned hectares, as well as 2 that are leased. They currently have 13.53 hectares of vineyards belonging to the DOCG denomination, 10 of which are of Arneis and 3,43 of Nebbiolo. The Roero vineyards are in the municipalities of Canale, Castellinaldo, Castagnito and Vezza d’Alba, as well as a 5-hectares estate in Monforte d’Alba.
- Roero Arneis Anterisio: from the vineyard of the same name located in Canale. It ages in stainless steel vats from 6 to 10 months and for 2-3 months in bottle, with a total annual production of about 130,000 bottles;
- Roero Montespinato: from vineyards located in Castellinaldo. It ages 3 months in stainless steel vats, 12 months in small oak barrels (of almost fourth use), then 3-6 months in bottle, with a total annual production of about 17,500 bottles;
- Roero Valmaggiore Riserva: from the MGA of the same name located in Vezza d’Alba. It ages 6 months in stainless steel vats, from 15 to 18 months in small oak barrels, then 6-10 months in bottle, with a total annual production of about 10,000 bottles.
- Address: Via Valentino, 14
- Zip Code: 12043
- Municipality: Canale (CN)
- Telephone: 0173 979411
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.cascinachicco.com